The Museum Pass Program is made possible thanks to collaborative funding by the City of Melrose, generous patron donations and the Friends and Trustees of the Melrose Public Library. These passes offer free or reduced admission to some of the Boston area’s most popular institutions. Residents of Melrose may reserve passes up to 4 weeks in advance online, by phone or in person with library staff. Here’s how:
- Verify hours with the museum before making plans. Museum hours can change for weather or for special events and holidays.
- Make a reservation for a specific date.
- Come to the library to pick up your pass. Bring the library card under which the reservation was made. (Museums will not honor a confirmation email.)
- Take the pass to the museum. Pay the museum any applicable co-pay fee.
- Bring returnable passes back to the library before the library opens on its next scheduled day. You can use the book drop when the library is closed. Coupon passes do not need to be returned.
- Cancel your reservation if you will not be using the pass so that other residents may take advantage of this service. You may do this by using the link at the bottom of the confirmation email, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling the library at 781-665-2313. We hope to have the ability for patrons to cancel online again shortly–stay tuned!