We’re pleased to inform Melrose residents we’ve subscribed to a great online science resource that you and your family can access from home! ScienceFlix™ is an online resource that focuses on engaging subject-area science content for students spanning grades 4-9. Each of the ScienceFlix units will help hone literacy skills while bolstering understanding of crucial subjects relating to science, technology, and engineering. ScienceFlix units are further supported with a deep and dynamic reservoir of related multimedia including videos, interactive media, images, and more.
Students can access ScienceFlix anywhere there is an Internet connection –it’s like having access to the library’s collection 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! ScienceFlix covers 30 areas of scientific study and each unit offers:
- Videos to build background knowledge and introduce vocabulary
- Anchor articles to build content knowledge
- Articles written at three reading levels to ensure comprehension
- A read aloud feature to support struggling readers and ELL students
- News stories with study guides
- Careers section to inspire budding scientists
- Editorially vetted and safe weblinks for further learning
Access ScienceFlix by logging in with your library card number here!
We would like to thank to the Trustees of the Melrose Public Library for generously sponsoring this database as part our Science is Everywhere program this year!